FREE BOTTLE DELIVERY (UP TO 5km):

12-11pm / Tue-Sun

Search

Bottle delivery or pickup 12pm - 9:30pm Tuesday - Sunday

SKINS 'N' ALL PACK

Skin contact whites, orange wines, whatever you want to call them; they're awesome. While it's considered an ancient method of production, the myriad producers who've adopted the technique ensure that is now firmly rooted in the present-day.

2019 Moorak ‘Birdwood’

Minimal intervention, Skin contact
Varietal: Pinot Gris
Origin: Adelaide Hills, SA

40% carbonic maceration, the other 60% was crushed and de-stemmed.
Re-assembled once all components were good and ready. Then bottled without filtration of any kind.

2019 Scintilla Wines 'More Than White'

Organic, Minimal Intervention, Skin Contact
Varietal: Pinot Grigio
Origin: Adelaide Hills, SA

Another brilliant example of sink contact, zero sulphur juice from James Madden. A long maceration on its skins has given this Grigio a blood-orange hue in the glass. Juicy, yet structured and dry palate with tea-leaf like tannins lending good bones to this wine. At times you could be forgiven for thinking you were drinking a Radikon at a very, very (very!) keen price. Huge recommend on this wine for those that like Northern-Italian style Skin-Contact wine, and for those who can take a bit of tannin in their orange wines.

2019 Musk Lane Wine ‘Fiano’

Minimal intervention, Skin contact
Varietal: Fiano
Origin: Heathcote, VIC

Small batch skin contact Fiano from Macedon Ranges local Brendan Lane. The fruit was sourced from the excellent Chalmers vineyards in Heathcote. Nutty and savoury with lovely notes of Nashi pear and waxy citrus. Takes you straight to Campania!

Search